Altus Consulting is registered with the ICO as a Data Controller because, for your personal data, it determines:
- Why we process your personal data
- What personal data is processed
- How that personal data is processed
Altus Consulting understands that your privacy is important to you. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when you pass personal information to Altus. It applies when you:
- Contact us regarding the Altus Consulting Associate Network
- Request to join the Altus Consulting Associate Network
- Enter into discussion with Altus Consulting regarding a potential contract
- Enter into a contract with Altus Consulting as an Employee, Director or Sub-Contractor of a Personal Services Company
Why do we process your Personal Data?
We process your personal data:
- so that we comply with legal requirements e.g. verifying your right to work in the UK
- so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of the company – these include making decisions about our ability to deliver work contracts, making business plans, preventing fraud, etc.
What personal data does the Company process?
When you join the Altus Consulting Associate Network we will process personal information about you, including:
- your name, address, email address, phone number
- information from your CV including education, employment history, remuneration details as well as information from telephone discussions with you
Prior to contract signature, we may process additional personal information including:
- your photograph
- documentation and reports relating to background screening checks
- PSC bank details
- CCTV footage, building entry card records, web monitoring and other information derived from computer programmes
How does the Company process personal data?
- When you join the Altus Consulting Associate Network we collect information from your CV, covering letter, communications from recruitment agencies etc
- We will collect notes regarding your experience and skills during introductory telephone conversations
- We will store your details in an electronic database used for the identification of suitable Associates for consultancy work by internal staff only
- We will store a Career Profile: A summary of your curriculum vitae showing professional experience, major achievements and recommendations from the Company relating to your suitability for a particular post. This profile does not include contact information such as address or phone number and we will notify you prior to sharing your profile with any prospective clients
- We may include a summary of your curriculum vitae in an Associate Booklet. This booklet will be for internal use only.
Is information disclosed to third parties?
Once a contract offer has been made:
- we will require your permission to undertake pre-contract background checks, part of which will involve a third-party credit reporting bureau. You will be asked to submit personal data directly to this third party to allow them to carry out a variety of checks on our behalf, including identity checks, DBS (commonly known as a criminal record check) and financial standing checks
- we may collect data about you from third parties, such as references from former employers
IR35 Review Service
In order to assess whether a role is classified as either inside or outside of IR35 legislation, Altus Consulting works with a selected third party Service Provider to undertake an assessment which will form an IR35 Status Determination Statement.
Altus Consulting will submit personal data to this Service Provider which you will be asked to verify to allow them to assess the status of the proposed contracted role. This data will include:
- Name, email address, telephone number
Additionally, the Service Provider may use your contact details to market its goods and services to you.
Protecting your data
Altus Consulting takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not accidentally lost, destroyed, misused or disclosed to anyone except personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
How long we keep your data for
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it. Retention periods are set out below, which is an extract from the Altus Consulting HR Record Retention policy.
|Type of record
|Payroll & Accounting Software
|Associate Records – Active but not contracted
|CVs, Covering Letters
|2 Calendar Years
|2 Calendar Years
|Associate Records – Active and under contract
|CVs, References, Copies of ID, Payment Information, Company Information e.g. Insurance certificates, IR35 Status Determination Statement
Altus Consulting has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorised Altus Consulting personnel and third party vendors are provided access to this information, and these employees and vendors are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Altus Consulting cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your information.
Trans-border hosting and transfer of information
Information collected on the site may be transferred from time to time to Altus Consulting personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and the site may be viewed and hosted by Altus Consulting or its vendors anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. By using the site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Access to personal information
If you wish to know what personal information of yours Altus Consulting holds (a “Subject Access Request” under the Data Protection Act 2018) please contact us at Equisoft Ltd trading as Altus Consulting, Bath Quays South, 1 Foundry Lane, Bath, BA2 3GZ or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will confirm your identity and:
- Tell you what personal data we hold about you
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to
- If you wish, send you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Similarly, please contact us if you wish us to update or otherwise correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is regularly reviewed and was last updated on 9 February 2023.